Tuesday, March 2, 2010

いつのまにか。。。

Things just keep getting crazier and crazier - I'm having a hard time believing that it's already been nearly two months since I got here. Time needs to slow down right now or when I blink next it'll be May! When I think about how spring break is in only two weeks, I can only wonder where all that time went. It's as if I'm living in a happy little bubble of Japanese - the one subject I truly enjoy studying - and a pile of delicious food and sweets. And I don't know if this will sound a little weird, but I'm already dreading going back. They weren't lying when they said a semester abroad can be one of the best parts of college. I do miss you all but in my perfect world you would all come here and chill in Japan with me and we would eat lots of ramen and curry and azuki ice cream. :D

I probably wouldn't want to live in Nagoya though - if there's one thing I've learned it's that I don't want to live in a big city. What I would do to be hiking in the mountains right now... I love the city lifestyle in its own way, but I've definitely come to appreciate grass and trees and beautiful open spaces. And maybe more importantly, my knee really misses having dirt paths to run on, haha.

I hear there are lots of nice pretty places in the country though, so we could just go live there. :)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Gahh I know the feeling. I miss everyone but Dublin has stolen my heart. (Unfortunately to really live here I'd need to steal the heart of someone super rich). lol