Sunday, February 21, 2010

lazy weekend

Starting school after a week-long break was a lot harder than I thought it would be! Taco Tuesday at Shooters, our favorite gaijin (foreigner) bar, did help things along though. Japanese food is delicious, don't get me wrong, but sometimes it's nice to eat something familiar...pizza is totally up next, curse you Japan for you lack of Pizza Hut! On the bright side, I totally have my host mother fooled that I will eat anything that is put in front of me, because she mentioned it to my host dad at dinner tonight and I nearly choked on my rice. (Note: I've been here almost 2 months, and I've eaten with my host dad 3 times. The Japanese are CRAZY HARD WORKERS) I know I mentioned once that I wasn't the hugest fan of fish, and while I usually like the way she prepares it, I hope she doesn't start getting too crazy with dinner.

our little ND group is also expanding as we "adopt" people (Emily's word choice), which is pretty exciting too. Yay for new friends!

and I ALMOST got to go to a JRock concert on Friday, but I didn't plan far enough ahead and didn't know how to get tickets with such late notice so it fell through. Apparently Jenn loves the band, so now I'm super bummed I couldn't go...she might have died of jealousy, muahaha.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

OMG I WANT PIZZA HUT TOOOOOO! I found a starbucks here and have vowed to never step foot inside though.

Hana said...

雪祭りやカラオケのポスト、とても面白かったです。いい経験をしていますね。1学期はとても短いから、楽しんで下さい!