Friday, January 15, 2010

Time for some remedial English...


I'm torn between going to bed and writing this, and blogging just won because I have nowhere to be on my first Saturday in Japan...

I keep forgetting to take my camera with me places, so I haven't taken too many pictures yet...but today was great, we went to Sakae, a part of Nagoya with a ton of shops and restaurants. It kind of looks like NYC, so I instantly loved it. :) There's even a giant ferris wheel! Anyway, we checked out the area a bit, had some dinner (nabe, fried rice and edamame = yummy) and did some more walking to find ice cream! And (maybe most importantly) - I got a phone! Go figure, it's this little prepaid thing, but it is already a thousand times cooler than my regular one. Yay for unlimited texting and emailing! Also, you can do sweet phone to phone information infrared information transfers. They are crazy.

I also think I'm finally getting used to public transport! It's about a 25 minute commute to school every day by subway, though it does take me a bit to get to the station. It's really exciting being able to live in a city and have so much to do just a couple of subway stops away. My commuter pass was expensive, but I'm going to make the most of it!

Yesterday my host mom and I went to the movie rental place (I believe I will be going there often from now on!) so I could get something to entertain myself while I do nothing all afternoon/evening. So I grabbed the Japanese version of Lord of the Rings, and hopefully I'll get to watch it soon! I also own Japanese Peter Pan now, which hopefully I won't need subtitles for (yeah right).


our favorite poster on Nanzan's campus!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Ooh Peter Pan!
Hahah yay for movies helping kill time!
Also...thta poster is hilarious. :)

Hana said...

ローラさん、ブログにたくさん書いているんですね。びっくりしました。オマリーさんとリューさんも元気ですか? 写真はとてもかわいいです。私の1年生のクラスブログはhttp://nd0910.blogspot.com/です。よかったらここに返事を下さい!